Okatee Terms &
Effective date: 22 July 2020
Welcome to Okatee
Thanks for using our products and services ("Services"). The Services are provided by Okatee
Corp. ("Okatee"), located at 175 Bloor St E Suite 1800
Toronto, ON M4W 3R8, Canada.
This is a binding contract. Please read it carefully before using our
These Terms of Service (the "Terms") are an important contract between us and you:
- If you are opening an Okatee account or including this Agreement by reference in a
purchase order, this contract is between Okatee and your organization. You
represent that you have the authority to bind your organization to this agreement.
- If you are an individual Okatee user, this Agreement is between you and Okatee.
You must also meet the following conditions before using our Services:
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to use the Services. By
agreeing to this Agreement, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you
are at least eighteen (18) years of age; (b) you have not previously been
suspended or removed from the Services; and (c) your registration and your
use of the Services is in compliance with all applicable laws and
regulations. If you are using the Services on behalf of an entity,
organization, or company, you represent and warrant that you have the
authority to bind that organization to this Agreement and you agree to be
bound by this Agreement on behalf of that organization. Okatee may, in its
sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity, and
may change its eligibility criteria at any time.
1. Using our services
- The Services are licensed, not sold to you, and that you may use the Services only as
set forth in this Agreement;
- The Services are provided "as is" without warranties of any kind, and Okatee's
liability to you is limited;
- You are solely responsible for protecting the privacy and legal rights of your End
Users, except as provided for in a Business Associate Agreement or Data Use Agreement
between you and Okatee;
- You are solely responsible for exporting Your Content and Okatee Comply materials from
the Services prior to closing your Okatee account; and
Your obligations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Your use of the Services must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and
ordinances, including any laws regarding the export of data or software.
- You will provide us with true and accurate information and responses in connection with
your use of the Services.
- You will contact us immediately if you believe an unauthorized third party may be using
your account or if your account information is lost or stolen.
- You will not attempt to disrupt the Services.
- You will remit payment timely for the Services, as specified in
any purchase order you may execute.
- If you are using the Services to process HIPAA PHI, you must have a valid, signed
Business Associate Agreement (sample) with Okatee and
have applied the required security
configurations and controls as specified in that agreement.
- If you are using the Services to process GDPR personal data, you must have a valid,
signed Privacy Shield Addendum with Okatee and have applied the required security
configurations and controls as specified in that agreement.
A. Personal Data that we collect about you.
Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable
The Personal Data that you provide directly to us through our Sites will be apparent
the context in which you provide the data. In particular:
- When you register for a Okatee account we collect your full name, email
address, and account log-in credentials.
- When you fill-in our online form to contact our sales team, we collect
full name, work email, country, and anything else you tell us about your project,
- When you use the "Remember Me" feature of Okatee Checkout, we collect
email address, payment card number, CVC code and expiration date.
- All personal data we collect is encrypted in-transit with SSL/TLS (1.3)
When you respond to Okatee emails or surveys we collect your email address, name and any
other information you choose to include in the body of your email or responses. If you
contact us by phone, we will collect the phone number you use to call Okatee. If you
us by phone as a Okatee User, we may collect additional information in order to verify
B. Your Licenses from Okatee
License to access and use the Services. We grant you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive,
non-sublicensable, non-transferrable license to access and use the Services solely in
accordance with this Agreement. This license is valid only during the term of this
Agreement, and is revoked upon termination. This license is subject to the following
- Neither you nor any End User may use the Services in any manner or for any purpose
than as expressly permitted by this Agreement.
- Neither you nor any End User may, or may attempt to (a) modify, alter, tamper with,
repair, or otherwise create derivative works of any software included in the
(except to the extent software included in the Services are provided to you under a
separate license that expressly permits the creation of derivative works), (b)
engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Services or apply any other process or
to derive the source code of any software included in the Services, (c) access or
the Services in a way intended to avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or
quotas, (d) resell or sublicense the Services, or (e) circumvent any security
used by Okatee, the Services, or any Applications running on the Services.
- All licenses granted to you in this Agreement are conditional on your continued
compliance with this Agreement, and will immediately and automatically terminate if
do not comply with any term or condition of this Agreement.
- During and after the Term, you will not assert, nor will you authorize, assist, or
encourage any third party to assert, against us or any of our affiliates, customers,
vendors, business partners, or licensors, any patent infringement or other
property infringement claim regarding any Services you have used.
You are responsible for protecting the privacy and legal rights of your End
Users ("users"). Okatee does not store any attachments processed with our service, and will
not be responsible for users' misuse.
Your obligations include but are not limited to:
- Properly configuring the Okatee Services to protect your users' information;
- Configuring and enforcing user access policies and permissions
4. Security Management
We do not have access to or store any data processed through our services. Okatee workforce
members are granted least-privilege access to environments only when a specific business
need arises. Workforce members undergo criminal background screening before hire.
Okatee manages information security consistent with
legal and regulatory requirements such as HIPAA and GDPR.